Tip: Send a message to PC screen on the same LAN
There's a cool little trick to do when in a LAN (local area network) where multiple of PC-s are conneted to the same network. You can send a closeable computer message to a PC in the same network as yours using only the command line.
The message looks like this on the receiving computer.
How to send a command line message to another PC on the network?
1. Start command prompt (cmd) - type cmd in the searchbox and run the app
2. Type the command as follows:
msg /SERVER:DestinationPC * /TIME:60 "This is the message to be sent to a PC named DestinationPC and closes in 60 seconds."
- Replace DestinationPC with your destination PC name (see your computer network for the list of computers in that network if you don't know the name pf the PC you are trying to send the message to.
- Replace the value of TIME with desired seconds before the message closes
- Replace the text between quotation marks with the message text you want to be displayed.
3. Hit enter and voila, the message is sent.
That's how you send a message to another PC straight to desktop in the same network as you!
Cool little trick and fun too, if you'd like to send a message let's say to all workers in your company or all teachers in a small school or just the kid playing a PC game to tell him/her the dinner's served.
Works in Windows 10.
More discussion on the matter: https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/192573-message-send-local-pc-lan-windows-7-vista.html